H.G. Wood Building
Constructed in 1924, the five-story academic building houses research laboratories and staff offices for the School of Medicine. The project consisted of removing the existing cast iron wall panels and replacing them with new fiberglass panels, masonry repairs, and waterproofing. Coordination of the project team was crucial to minimize the impact on the building occupants, as research laboratories within the building operate 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The design of the wall panel replacement and the restoration of the façade was based on performing construction from the exterior with as minimal work within the interior as possible to maintain the building’s operation.
THP Limited is a structural and architectural engineering design firm. With a mission to shape a more resilient and equitable future, we put people at the center of everything we do.
100 E. Eighth Street
Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
812 Huron Road, Ste 850
Cleveland, Ohio 44115
555 Fayetteville Street, Ste 300
Raleigh, North Carolina 27601
Raleigh, North Carolina