THP develops parking structures that are economical, efficient and inviting to the user. Our approach begins with thorough owner and end-user dialog. Our designs balance aesthetics and functional needs within the schedule and budget. Effective and easily understood vehicular and pedestrian circulation enhance way-finding and security. THP's stringent specification for methods and materials and its attention to detail provides durable, low maintenance structures. Our services include:
- Master Planning and Feasibility Studies
- Functional Planning and Design of Parking Systems
- Structural Planning and Design
- Management of the Design Team
- Construction Administration
- Sustainable planning and implementation
THP's design of durable, efficient parking garages is based on over 35 years of experience in assessing and repairing garages throughout the United States. We appreciate the importance of enhancing the durability of our new garage designs, that to date contain over 25 million square feet of structured parking. About half of these facilities are stand-alone garages, while the others support mixed-use over-builds, which are often massive, high-rise developments.
Our role on parking projects ranges from Structural Designer to Prime Professional for all planning and design. We have teamed with others under diverse project delivery systems, including design-build, where our creative solutions have at times saved over a million dollars.
THP's contributions to the parking industry include:
- Lead instructors for the International Parking Institute's CAPP Program on Parking Facility Design and Rehabilitation
- Active memberships in the Parking Consultants Council of the National Parking Association (NPA)
- Contributing authors to the ULI's "Dimensions of Parking" and the NPA's "Parking Garage Maintenance Manual"
- Development and presentation of "Parking 101" a tutorial on the planning, design, durability, and maitenance of parking structures
- Committee member with GBCI's Parksmart; the certification body for sustainable parking facilities
Our commitment to sustainability in the parking industry is exemplified by our participation in the GBCI Parksmart program. As Gold Level USGBC members, with ten Parksmart Advisors on staff, we are positioned to assist Owners in meeting their sustainability goals for new and existing parking facilities.